Welcome back. We have a lot to cover before Easter this year!
English: Our topic is Zoom to the Moon and will involve:
- reading comprehension skills through class stories and group guided reading
- writing skills in the form of a fantasy story and instructions
- daily phonics sessions
- regular handwriting practice
Maths: We are following the Derbyshire planning guide and will focus on:
- solving one-step problems that involve addition and subtraction;
- solving missing number problems;
- compare, describe and solve practical problems for lengths and height, mass or weight, capacity/volume and time;
- recognise and use language relating to dates;
- recognise and name common 2-D and 3-D shapes;
- describe position, direction and movement including whole, half and three-quarter turns.
Science: Which materials would you use to build Rover?
Why does it get dark earlier in winter? (ongoing)
History: Why are Christopher Columbus and Neil Armstrong famous?
RE: How and why do we celebrate Easter?
Art: Environmental Art (Mrs Keeling teaching)