The original part of the building was opened in 1978 and the second phase was completed in 1987, with further extensions added in 2000 and 2006. Our school is well resourced with:
- 8 main teaching areas, one currently used for a music room/group learning/nurture provision
- A number of smaller learning areas for group/intervention work
- A large hall used for assemblies, PE and dining
- A well equipped kitchen and serving area
- A library
- An administration area including the General Office; Headteacher’s Office and
- Staff Room
- A teachers’ Planning and Preparation Room
- Substantial, well-developed grounds incorporating large playing field, ball court, playgrounds and trim trail
- A well developed Early Years Foundation Stage learning environment, with an outdoor area leading from the Reception Class.
The school has full access for disabled children and visitors.
The school has had solar panels installed, new windows fitted, and all of the children’s toilets have recently been refurbished. Through lottery funding, we have had our ball court resurfaced and installed a canopy for shade/shelter on the field.
We have recently extended our entrance area and are currently working on further improvements to our EYFS Outdoor Area. We look forward to the addition later in the year of a new trim trail for the juniors, supplied by Fun Club, and the PTA will be adding outdoor musical instruments to the grounds, which the children will thoroughly enjoy!
Hiring our school building/grounds
We have fantastic facilities which are available for hire at a very reasonable cost. The hall, kitchen and classrooms have been hired by community groups such as Girl Guides, May Queen and Kettlersize, and privately for children’s birthday parties, and the grounds have been hired a number of times for sports events. If you are interested in hiring any part of our school, please call in or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.