The PTA is a mechanism to bring parents, teaching staff and children together to share ideas and identify priority areas where working together can make a difference. We then raise awareness and funds to address these needs.
We host a school and community-focused event three times a year and undertake other fundraising activity during the year. The PTA is not just about raising money, but also acting as a communication channel between parents, school and local community on shared issues. We try to balance fundraising with celebration and sharing good news.
We put regular articles in the school newsletter, keeping you up to date on how we have been able to support our children’s experience of school through our collective voice or through funded initiatives.
Fundraising is a core element of PTA activity. We aim to engage children, families, teaching staff and community members in raising funds for projects or opportunities that benefit children at school. Our fundraising activity is often based around fun family-focused events that mean we can raise money whilst having a good time.
There are ways to help us raise funds, without it costing you an extra penny:
- Hayfield School Lottery - join our school lottery (and ask your friends and family to as well) and help us raise funds as well as being a winner yourself. More details, and how to sign up are found on this website
- Stamptastic - brilliant wash-resistant personalised stamps and ink pads to make sure you don't lose your child's possessions. Visit their website and use the code SK222HB - the PTA receives 30% cash back from your purchase.
- Easyfundraising.org.uk for online shopping at Amazon, M&S, John Lewis and many more- there is an app that works on apple or android devices, or you can use their website where you just visit and register your details.
- Yellow Moon for craft, party bag and play items - choose to support Hayfield Primary School PTA using the source code HAY40387 at the checkout and the PTA will receive 10% cash back from this website.
- Label Planet - order name labels for your childrens school (and other items), quoting reference number 9202, and the PTA will receive 30% cashback from this website.
- Your company may offer matched funding - find out more here
We always have more great ideas of things to fund than we have funds available, so fundraising is always ongoing!
The PTA’s fundraising focuses on generating money to pay for essential items that support children’s education every week of the academic year, including access to a minibus for educational visits and trips. We also raise funds for resources for use in the classroom and playground that enhance our children’s experience of school in a range of ways.
We use a funding policy to guide what and how we spend the funds raised. This policy can be viewed here Funding Policy December 2016
The PTA regularly liaises with school, including having meetings between the head teacher and chair of the PTA, and requesting a school representation at PTA meetings to ensure that the PTA can both feed back to school priorities that have been identified and ensure that PTA activities reflect what is happening in school.